The Bala Lake Railway Trust
The Bala Lake Railway Trust - The Bala Lake Railway Trust
was formed to promote the restoration, maintenance and
exhibition of operational steam locomotives, rolling stock and
other railway artefacts, directly associated with the slate
industry of North Wales.
The Trust is committed to assisting the Bala Lake Railway to consistently operate and effectively demonstrate the largest collection of original Quarry Hunslet steam locomotives and actively communicate the pivotal role they played in the success of the slate industry of North Wales.
Other Narrow Gauge Railways to visit
- Brecon Mountain Railway - Travel through beautiful scenery into the Brecon Beacons National Park
- Fairbourne Railway - The Fairbourne Railway has run from Fairbourne village to Penrhyn Point since 1895
- Ffestiniog & Welsh Highland Railways - Two unique narrow gauge railways with a fascinating past and an even more exciting future
- Llanberis Lake Railway - Based in Llanberis alongside the National Slate Museum which is also well worth a visit
- Snowdon Mountain Railway - Take a ride to the top of the highest mountain in Wales by narrow gauge steam train
- Talyllyn Railway - The Talyllyn Railway is a historic narrow-gauge steam railway set in the beautiful Mid-Wales countryside
- Vale of Rheidol Railway - Offers the finest way to see the stunning Rheidol Valley.
- Welsh Highland Heritage Railway - Find out about the narrow gauge railways of Porthmadog and how they became famous around the world
- Welshpool & Llanfair Light Railway - A 16 mile return journey by narrow gauge steam train through beautiful Mid Wales countryside
Most of the above railways are members of 'The Great Little Trains of Wales' who offer a discount card which entitles the holder to 20% off one adult full round trip fare on normal timetabled trains on participating Railways
- Heritage Railway Association - The Heritage Railway Association represents the majority of heritage and tourist railways, tramways and railway preservation groups within both the U.K and Ireland
- Maid Marian Locomotive Fund - The Maid Marian Locomotive Fund was formed in 1965 by a small group of enthusiasts to preserve a working locomotive from the Dinorwic Slate Quarry
- Narrow Gauge Railway Society - Formed in 1951, what was envisaged as being a small correspondence group of specialist enthusiasts has grown to a large international society with a truly international outlook