24th – 26th August 2019
Our entire home fleet of engines (subject to availability) will be taking part in a mini steam gala with an intensive passenger timetable and a chance to have a go yourself with our ‘Driver for a Fiver’.
We’ll also be running some freight services between Llanuwchlyn and Llangower using slate wagons from our extensive historic collection. At Llangower, we will be undertaking a special shunting manoeuvre to allow two passengers trains to pass while the freight is also at the station.
The main features of the Gala include:
- All available locos in steam
- Frequent passenger services
- Demonstration freight trains
- Some trains double-headed
- A steam 7 ¼” gauge miniature railway at Llanuwchllyn
- ‘Driver for a Fiver’ – Drive one of our locomotives for £5 at Llanuwchllyn
- Two free to ride heritage double decker buses running between Bala station and the town (Click here to view the bus timetable at the bottom of this page)
- Some of the buses continue round the lake to Llanuwchllyn
- Others buses go on a sightseeing trip to Llyn Celyn reservoir
See our gallery pages for more pictures from previous years events.