15th to 16th June 2019
The June steam gala is our biggest railway event of the year, we’ll be running an intensive passenger service (timetable below) with all available members of the home steam fleet in operation and guest locomotive Kerr Stuart ‘Joffre’ class 3014/1916 from the Apedale Valley Railway which has been loaned to the BLR courtesy of the Moseley Railway Trust.
Many passenger services will be double headed and a few triple headed.
In addition to the passenger services, we’ll be running demonstration freight trains composed of former slate quarry wagons taken from our extensive collection. Most freight services will run between Llanuwchllyn and Llangower only.
The Gala will feature:
- Visiting ‘Joffre’ class locomotive no 3014 from Apedale
- All of our available engines in steam
- Frequent departures
- Demonstration goods trains
- Double-headed trains
- Signal box, engine shed and Heritage Centre at Llanuwchllyn open
- Miniature railway and models
- Society Stands
- Ivo Peters’ Bentley
- Cavalcade of steam locos from Dolfawr Bank to Llanuwchllyn on Saturday evening
- Opportunity to ride in Penrhyn Quarrymen’s coaches on Saturday – available to Rover ticket holders only
- Opportunity to ride in Wickham Trolley on Saturday – limited availability (max 7 places) – available to Rover ticket holders only
The last train on Sunday only at 5.20 from Llanuwchllyn will be triple-headed by the three red Dinorwic Hunslets. [Footplate rides on this train are available to Rover ticket holders only – single journey for additional fare £15]
Day Rover tickets are now available priced at £20 for one day and £30 for two days – Click here to book
The full timetable, including all demonstration trains, for the weekend is now available – Click here to download
See our photo gallery page for more pictures from previous years.