- Yr Eagles, an excellent pub about 10 minutes walk from Llanuwchllyn station. Good food and good beer.
- Visit Bala Website, the local tourist information site
- Go Bala, walking, cycling and driving routes in the area.
Other Narrow Gauge Railways to visit
- Brecon Mountain Railway - Travel through beautiful scenery into the Brecon Beacons National Park
- Fairbourne Railway - The Fairbourne Railway has run from Fairbourne village to Penrhyn Point since 1895
- Ffestiniog & Welsh Highland Railways - Two unique narrow gauge railways with a fascinating past and an even more exciting future
- Llanberis Lake Railway - Based in Llanberis alongside the National Slate Museum which is also well worth a visit
- Snowdon Mountain Railway - Take a ride to the top of the highest mountain in Wales by narrow gauge steam train
- Talyllyn Railway - The Talyllyn Railway is a historic narrow-gauge steam railway set in the beautiful Mid-Wales countryside
- Vale of Rheidol Railway - Offers the finest way to see the stunning Rheidol Valley.
- Welsh Highland Heritage Railway - Find out about the narrow gauge railways of Porthmadog and how they became famous around the world
- Welshpool & Llanfair Light Railway - A 16 mile return journey by narrow gauge steam train through beautiful Mid Wales countryside
Most of the above railways are members of 'The Great Little Trains of Wales' who offer a discount card which entitles the holder to 20% off one adult full round trip fare on normal timetabled trains on participating Railways
- Heritage Railway Association - The Heritage Railway Association represents the majority of heritage and tourist railways, tramways and railway preservation groups within both the U.K and Ireland
- Maid Marian Locomotive Fund - The Maid Marian Locomotive Fund was formed in 1965 by a small group of enthusiasts to preserve a working locomotive from the Dinorwic Slate Quarry
- Narrow Gauge Railway Society - Formed in 1951, what was envisaged as being a small correspondence group of specialist enthusiasts has grown to a large international society with a truly international outlook
- Saddletank Books