12th to 13th June 2021
Visit the Bala Town station site behind the Cinema for a special open day to promote our extension project and ride the first steam train to operate in Bala town since the closure of the standard gauge station in the 1960’s.
- First steam train in Bala for 55 years.
- 2’ gauge temporary track with one of the BLR’s resident locos in steam and offering rides in an open coach.
- A 7.25” gauge miniature railway offering rides.
- The BLR Trust display showing the extension plans.
- Guided tours of the extension route with Trust chairman Julian Birley at 11.30 and 3.15.
- A model of the proposed Bala Town station, as built by Model Rail magazine.
- Musical entertainment from a Brass Band and Mechanical Organ.
- Vintage vehicle display, including Ivo Peters’ Bentley.
- Vintage bus link to Bala Pen-y-Bont station.
- Other local exhibitors and traders (TBC).
Find out more about the extension project on the Bala Lake Railway Trust website.