Driver Experience Package - £550
Please note: Due to the confined space on the footplates of our locomotives we are unable to run our Driver Experience Days until Covid-19 Social Distancing measures are relaxed. If you wish to express an interest in attending one of these events in the future please fill out the contact form (link below) and we will be back in touch once we have been able to make some dates available.
Come along for a full day’s footplate experience including:
- Preparation of the locomotive of your choice from our fleet (subject to availability)
- Expert and friendly tuition on how to fire and drive the engine
- Two full return trips, totaling 18 miles, driving your engine along the Bala Lake Railway
- Bring up to three guests for a ride on your train
- Morning tea or coffee for you and your guests
- Lunch for you and your guests
- Afternoon tea for you and your guests
- A certificate to commemorate your day with us
- One years membership of the Bala Lake Railway Society
Your day starts at 9.00am where an experienced Bala Lake Railway driver will meet and greet you and give you a safety briefing. You can help with preparing the loco of your choice and helping raise steam as well as the all-important polishing of brasses.
Once steam is raised you will take the controls of one of our famous locomotives for 2 trips from Llanuwchllyn to Bala and return.
Every experience is unique to you.
They make a great present for a family member or loved one or you can just indulge yourself. We can accommodate up to 3 guests with each guest driver.
Dates for 2020 (2021 dates will be available here when/if we are able to operate these events this year)
|April||3, 20, 24, 27|
|May||1, 11, 15, 18|
|June||5, 19, 22|
|September||21, 25, 28|
Note: Dates highlighted in RED are already booked
Additionally, we may be able to offer other dates in March and November please contact us to enquire
Driver Experience days are not normally available at weekends
Pre-booking is essential