28th - 30th August 2021
Our entire home fleet of engines (subject to availability) will be taking part in a mini steam gala with an intensive passenger timetable.
We'll also be running some freight services between Llanuwchlyn and Llangower using slate wagons from our extensive historic collection. At Llangower, we will be undertaking a special shunting manoeuvre to allow two passengers trains to pass while the freight is also at the station.
The features for the 2021 August gala include the following:
- All available locos in steam
- Visiting locomotive - Small Quarry Hunslet 'Margaret' (No.605 of 1894) kindly loaned by the Vale of Rheidol Railway
- Frequent passenger services
- Demonstration freight trains
- Some trains double-headed
- Heritage bus services running between Bala station and the town (Subject to confirmation)
See our gallery pages for more pictures from previous years events.
A more detailed timetable giving the timings of freight trains and which locomotives will be hauling each train is available at the bottom of this page.
Click here to download a PDF version of the Mini Gala Timetable